PIP claims: How to contact the DWP as it plans 'a fairer benefits system' overhaul

PIP CLAIMANTS are set to upend the benefits system over the coming months, as the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) recently called for disabled claimants to have a say in how the welfare state operates. Ahead of this, claimants may want to be aware of the best methods of contacting the Government regarding their claims.

Universal Credit: Thomas Hunt MP calls for ‘permanent’ uplift

Make the most of your money by signing up to our newsletter for FREE now

Invalid email

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

PIP claimants are set to have their say on how the benefit system operates as this week, the DWP issued an open call to disabled people to have their say on shaping the future of the system. Disabled people are being urged to have their say in shaping the future of the benefits system by responding to the Health and Disability Green Paper consultation.

This survey closes in two months and Minister for Disabled People Justin Tomlinson issued a “rallying call” to the public to help inform changes that will improve people’s lives.

Mr Tomlinson said: “I am truly grateful to all those who have already had their say and urge anyone who hasn’t, please do get involved.

“Responses from the Green Paper consultation will help us create a fairer benefits system that better serves the needs of disabled people and those with health conditions, now and in the future.

“We have identified key areas for change and with your input, we can make these a reality that have a lasting and meaningful impact on people’s lives.”

READ MORE: PIP: DWP issues ‘rallying call’ for disabled people to shape benefits


The DWP can be called for assistance (Image: GETTY)

The survey itself can be found at the following address: www.getinvolved.dwp.gov.uk/05-policy-group/health-and-disability-green-paper/.

However, there may still be a number of other reasons a claimant will need to contact the Government regarding their PIP claim.

PIP claimants can contact the DWP for advice or information on their claim, to report a change in circumstances or even to complain about the service.

Fortunately, there are a number of dedicated outlets for these concerns.


Rishi Sunak warned over-60s will desert Tories over state pension [WARNING]

State Pension: Rishi Sunak told triple lock ‘cannot be maintained’ [EXPERT]

PIP: DWP issues ‘rallying call’ for disabled people to shape benefits

To report a change of circumstances, such as a change of address or going abroad, claimants will need to contact the PIP enquiry line.

The PIP enquiry line can be contacted on the following details:

  • Telephone: 0800 121 4433
  • Textphone: 0800 121 4493
  • Relay UK (if one cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 121 4433


PIP can help with certain conditions (Image: EXPRESS)

Additionally, a Disability Service Centre can also be contacted for help or information on Disability Living Allowance, Attendance Allowance or PIP.

This service can also be reached through the same telephone and textphone numbers.

The postal address for PIP is as follows: Personal Independence Payment, Post Handling Site B, Wolverhampton, WV99 1AH.

PIP claims can be made by those who need help with some of the extra costs associated with long term physical or mental health conditions or disabilities.

To be eligible for PIP, a claimant must be aged between 16 and state pension age.

Additionally, they must have a physical or mental health condition or disability where they:

  • Have had difficulties with daily living or getting around (or both) for three months
  • Expect these difficulties to continue for at least nine months

Claims can be made by telephone, textphone or through the post and eligible claimants will get a weekly payment ranging between £23.70 and £152.15.

Related post