Diwali bank holiday: Banks across several states around India will be closed in observance of the five-day Diwali celebration, which starts with Dhanteras and ends with Bhai Dooj on November 15.
Banks across several states around India will be closed in observance of the five-day Diwali celebration, which starts with Dhanteras and ends with Bhai Dooj on November 15. Purchasing precious metals is considered an auspicious occasion on Dhanteras, the first day of the festival.
In November, banks are closed on the occasion of Kannada Rajyothsava/Kut/Karva Chauth, Wangala Festival, Govardhan Pooja/Laxmi Puja (Deepawali)/Diwali, Diwali (Bali Pratipada)/Deepavali/Vikram Samvant New Year Day/Laxmi Puja, Bhaidooj/Chitragupt Jayanti/Laxmi Puja (Deepawali)/Ningol Chakkouba/Bhratridwitiya, Chhath, Seng Kutsnem/Egaas-Bagwaal, Guru Nanak Jayanti/Karthika Purnima/Rahas Purnima and Kanakadasa Jayanthi.
Bank holidays in November 2023: Banks closed for up to 15 days in November; check state-wise bank holiday list
In total, banks across different states will be closed for 15 days in November to observe numerous festivals and national events.
Digital services like UPI, Mobile Banking, and Internet Banking are unaffected by bank holidays, customers can use them throughout.
For Diwali and Dhanteras, banks across states will be closed for six days (this includes Sunday and the second Saturday).
Diwali bank holidays
- November 10 (Friday)- Wangala Festival: Banks are closed in Meghalaya.
- November 11 (Saturday): Banks are closed on second Saturday
- November 12 (Sunday): Banks closed on account of Sunday
- November 13 (Monday)- Govardhan Pooja/Laxmi Puja (Deepawali)/Diwali: Banks are closed in Tripura, Uttarakhand, Sikkim, Manipur, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, and Maharashtra.
- November 14(Tuesday)- Diwali (Bali Pratipada)/Deepavali/Vikram Samvant New Year Day/Laxmi Puja- Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Sikkim.
- November 15 (Wednesday)- (Bhaidooj/Chitragupt Jayanti/Laxmi Puja (Deepawali)/Ningol Chakkouba/Bhratridwitiya)- Banks are closed in Sikkim, Manipur, Uttar Pradesh, Bengal, Himachal Pradesh.
Long weekend (October 11, 12, 13)
Banks are closed on Oct 11 and 12 as it is a second Saturday and Sunday. Banks are closed on Monday in states of Tripura, Uttarakhand, Sikkim, Manipur, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, and Maharashtra on the occasion of Govardhan Pooja/Laxmi Puja. These states will witness a three days holiday.
Banks in states such as Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Sikkim are not working on November 14 on the occasion of Bali Pratipada)/Deepavali/Vikram Samvant New Year Day/Laxmi Puja.
Banks not working 5 days in this state
In Sikkim banks are closed for 4 days consecutively. Second Saturday, Sunday followed by Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Other bank holidays in November
November 20 (Monday)- Chhath (Morning Arghya)- Banks are closed in Bihar and Rajasthan.
November 23 (Tuesday)- Seng Kutsnem/Egaas-Bagwaal- Banks are closed in Uttarakhand and Sikkim.
November 30 (Thursday)- Kanakadasa Jayanthi- Banks are closed in Karnataka.
|Hyderabad – Andhra Pradesh|
|Hyderabad – Telangana||•|
(Your legal guide on estate planning, inheritance, will and more.)
Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.